Lovely

the dyslexic reader

Hi my name is lovely and im dyslexic and I love to read. I think my dyslexia is a super hero power. When I read the words disappear and all I see are pictures. Its like being at the movies only way better!!

All of the loose ends!!!

Darkwood - M.E. Breen, Molly Breen

I thought this book was just good, not bad, not great but good. It looks like the author was hoping to get a multiple book deal that never manifested. I thought that the young protagonist, Annie was plucky and resourceful, but the ending left me with too many unanswered questions. It felt like Ms Breen was expecting to delve more into them in later books.  Here is what the book jacket said and what made me borrow this from the library:Darkness falls so quickly in Howland that the people there have no word for evening. But for thirteen-yearold Annie, the dark is almost soothing compared to the misery of her cruel aunt and uncle's house. When Annie finally escapes, she finds herself on a journey that will take her deep into the forest-where fearsome creatures lurk-and to the glittering halls of a palace.

I wish it had been better, or at least made more sense.